Saturday, December 8, 2012

Big news!

I'm not very good at writing this on a regular basis. I don't know why I don't sit down to write, I like it when I do and I believe I have things to say, oh not necessarily things others might want to read but things to say nonetheless. I am better at talking than writing I guess, so I am not going to promise daily updates but I am going to try to be better at it.

Big news!! Yep, I did it. I bought the above RV. It is a 2001 Carri-go by Dynamax. It is currently wintering at the dealership. I will  get it in March. It felt weird buying it and then just driving home without it.  So now I am making plans to first, have my mechanic check over the engine and tires (the Rv dealership only deals with the camper components) and then, I will be pulling out the carpet and replacing it with something that can actually be cleaned.  Truly, I have never understood carpeting in RVs. Also there are curtains on the side windows that I will change.  The windows are 50" wide. The curtains are about 10" and are attached to a small valance with velcro. The shades are nice but do nothing to keep early morning light out when one may want to sleep.  Who thought this was a good idea?




 
 
I have other plans in my head but these are the first couple must do items for me. I will post before and after pictures as the changes are made. 
I am very excited as this is my first RV. I have researched and dreamed for years prior to retirement, now that I am actually retired I feel like I have fulfilled the first part of my plan.  

To be continued.........and hopefully at intervals that are less than 6 months. 
Cheers! 
NnR
 

3 comments:

  1. Hey! This IS big news! That looks like a sweet ride - is it a B-touring?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is what they call it, yes. It is very similar in size and floor plan of the 21' Chinook Concourse, but they call that a C class. So go figure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your new home! Technically it is a small class C. B's are fitted out inside the original van body. C's are made on a van chassis where the house is built up completely like yours. Sometimes, these are called B+.

    Thanks for joining my blog! Yay, I get to read about your adventures now.

    ReplyDelete