Thursday, June 21, 2012

Four days in Sioux Falls.


Sioux Falls, SD

Sertoma Butterfly House. 
They did have actual live butterflies but they are hard to keep in one place, especially outside, so they made this stained glass/ceramic butterfly to announce the entrance.

It was a very nice facility, with the added attraction of some salt water and fresh water aquariums and some awesome tarantulas. I was pretty happy that I was eligible for the SENIOR CITIZEN DISCOUNT!!! Woo!  I am often too “young” for that so when I am qualified for the price cut I proudly say “one senior admission”.  Typically the cashier is near 12 years old from my estimation so they don’t even question that statement.  I am sure everyone over 30 looks like a senior citizen to them so what do they care.  And they probably figure no one would lie about being “that old”. I wouldn’t lie but I wouldn’t vainly turn down a discount on anything!!






Falls Park is where the water fall can be found for which Sioux Falls is fittingly named.  I have to give props to the city for the excellent upkeep of this area. Pristine lawns and zero trash at this park. I was impressed.   There were a few too many people for me, but on the other hand it was nice to see that people used and respected the park. I was able to make my way to very close proximity of the rushing water without too much problem.  There is a tower that you can climb for free and see out over the park and the city. Oh and you can buy a rock for a $1. Cheap I would say, for a rock. However, I found two rocks at the campground for free!!  I almost think someone purchased them for their kids and then tossed them. 
I notice a theme here of discount and free.  My mantra has always been to never pay full price. And who doesn’t love free!  







No comments:

Post a Comment