Sunday, January 1, 2012


Happy New Year!
The only thing I have to say about the ringing out of the old year is ….Where did 2011 go?  Was I that busy?
I am looking forward to 2012 with excitement and only a slight bit of trepidation. This year I will be retiring from my job. I have worked at the college for nearly 25 years. It has been a job that I have mostly loved and sometimes hated. I think that is a pretty normal observation of my time there. One thing I will say is that one day I went out to find a job and I ended up finding a life.  So I think that is a pretty good testimony of a place of employment.  I look forward now to whatever is next. I won’t get all melancholy about it. I am excited for the next stage of my life to begin. 

 Everyone asks what I’m going to do…..I’m not sure that I must, but I have a plan, sort of…and this is the big picture. I want to buy my RV I have researched and dreamed about.  I want to continue working (part-time) while I figure out if I love RVing enough to let go of my house. I am not saying that I would choose to stay in an RV forever but it feels appealing to me at this moment to not have a mortgage, property taxes, and a house & yard to maintain. I have moved what I would consider to be quite a few times in my life. 

Some of those moves have been to a different state, some to a different town and many within the same city.  So I guess that having an RV and going to various locations on a whim (following the weather) doesn’t feel like that much of a stretch. You see unlike many people, I do not feel attached to any one material item that I own. So that would make it easier. I do want/need to share the adventure with those I love. 

However, I am not delusional enough to think that, one, I might hate RVing; two, that I will physically be able to do it forever or three, that I might love RVing for a while and then yearn for a more stationary life.  I am remain flexible on all fronts. The good news is that I can. 

So with that I say, come on 2012, let’s see what ya got!

No comments:

Post a Comment