Friday, December 30, 2011

RV dreaming and reality

I have been dreaming of RVing. I am 214 days away from retirement.
I do not at this point even have an RV, but I have been researching and shopping for about 2-3 years and the plan is to purchase a used small Class C or Class B motorhome this coming year.  I will spend some time working part-time over the next few years and become familiar with my RV.  I want to be sure I can accomplish what I want and actually implement my eventual goal of full-timing and boondocking as much of that time as is possible. Of course,  I would not want to give up my house if I don't believe I can exist and have fun in an RV over a long haul. Full-timing may turn out to be 6 months at a time.

OK, why a Class C or B? I have decided that I would feel most comfortable driving a vehicle of that size. Also I would want to be able to take it just about anywhere and I do not believe that can be accomplished with a larger motorhome. At least not for me personally.
I am attempting to understand RV solar power.  However,  understanding the RV itself would be the most important job.
First I have to determine what I am willing to purchase. I am smitten with the Chinook Glacier, check it out on www.RVT.com.  
If I was a gambler I might bet on this one, but will not for reasons I will not mention here. I am not that big of a gambler.

 
I was hoping to get something that is not over 24 feet long. Again, because of driving comfort and maneuverability.
I am also looking at the Phoenix Cruiser. Some can be found on www.rvs.oodle.com  but there are not too many out there that I can find.
I think my biggest roadblock is that I do not live near any good sources for actual physical shopping and touching RVs. I sometimes feel as if I am antagonizing myself more than I am informing myself. But I continue to research and learn and see things that I want or don't want. When I am finished working full-time I will be more free to travel to some places that have interesting RVs that I may be willing to buy.
In the mean time I will continue to arm myself with as much information as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment