Saturday, January 21, 2012

I haven't been here for a while, what with school starting and the amount of work that involves leaves me either with no thoughts to render or too tired to write them down.

Last week we got 1-2 inches of snow with up to 30 mph winds.  The way I am situated at the end of a cul-de-sac the wind comes off the fields and that caused the 2 inch snow fall to create at 3 foot drift covering the length of my driveway. Not one other driveway on my street had snow in it.

  That stick in the snow is a 3 foot yard stick.


I started shoveling at 7 thinking that I would make it to work by 8. Fat chance. Forty-five minutes later I am on the phone to commission someone with a BIG shovel.



So last weekend I put up a snow fence, pretty much insuring that there will be no more snow fall with accompanying winds. At any rate, I don't know if it will work but the only thing that could go wrong would be a 6 foot drift in the drive, in which case I just won't go back to work until spring~

No comments:

Post a Comment